Discussions over Tea (Of course, cutting maar ke)

Tuesday, November 04, 2003

PERSONAL : Down memory lane a.k.a. A trip to Seattle


In August 1994 when I left for hostel, I was numb. At first I was too dazed to realized the enormity of the step I had taken. When I actually thought about it, I was petrified. In hindsight, in 2003, I think it was the greatest decision of my life. I learnt, in those four years, what I don't think I would've learned in a lifetime if I'd stayed in Bombay. I spent hours talking about people, things and met some of the most interesting people I ever did in those four years. I hated it during the process, but as long as you're not scarred it's all good, right?

I learnt about the weird workings of the male mind.

I learnt about life in small families in smaller cities.

I learnt fear. I learnt about the value of life.

I learnt when I got hit by some people for liking a girl.

I learnt the true meaning of friendship. And I learnt about the misery of losing it to death.

I learnt a lot about love, and what distance can do to it.

I look at my friends from Bombay who I some times think of as naive. They've don't know sh*t about the world. Their lives are so small. Does that make me a better person, you ask? No, I don't think so ... they're great people with a very different set of values which we mutually respect but can never get used to.
But would I give up what I got if I was given a choice of being like them. Never.
Those days were precious.

In a way that was good... those people from pre-1994, remained as they were and hence I could still associate with them. The way they interacted, the things they did.. hell, even the music they listened to remained the same!

End of Post

Comments: Post a Comment

XML



Ankh's Fotolog



Bharateeya Blog Mela

Black - Strong

AnarCapLib
Ashification
Filter Coffee
Jivha - The Tongue
Kingsley
Living in India
Nerve Endings Firing Away
Smorgasbord
The Examined Life

Kashmiri - Nutty

Adventures with Yardboy
Amethyst Reflections
Blockhead

Nilgiri - Easy

Gandalf
Journeywoman
Lucis
Patang
Random Ruminations
Sid's muses
Speed...Bump...Stop..
When I paint my masterpiece


Concept :"Discussions over Tea"


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com