Discussions over Tea (Of course, cutting maar ke)

Wednesday, September 24, 2003

POLITICS : Anti-defection law



In the middle of my hectic schedule, I've just come across a brilliant piece of news, which I have always wished for in India, which I couldn't resist blog about (yeah, signs of addiction, I know). Perhaps, there are ulterior motives, perhaps there are loopholes and perhaps there is a lot I don't know about (which I'm sure readers would enlighten me about), but India with all its political scallywags, needs a law to control (and eventually ban) defections between political parties simply for the sake of personal gains.

Sure, it might end up that there might be no clear unanimous government emerging after the polls, but then people shouldn't be allowed simply to defect/divide/re-align just for the sake of the next sarkar (government).
P.S. All disbelievers, please note - Mahajan's statement comes weeks after 36 Congress MLAs in Arunachal Pradesh defected from the party and joined the BJP -- heralding the first BJP government in the Northeast.

End of Post

Comments: Post a Comment

XML



Ankh's Fotolog



Bharateeya Blog Mela

Black - Strong

AnarCapLib
Ashification
Filter Coffee
Jivha - The Tongue
Kingsley
Living in India
Nerve Endings Firing Away
Smorgasbord
The Examined Life

Kashmiri - Nutty

Adventures with Yardboy
Amethyst Reflections
Blockhead

Nilgiri - Easy

Gandalf
Journeywoman
Lucis
Patang
Random Ruminations
Sid's muses
Speed...Bump...Stop..
When I paint my masterpiece


Concept :"Discussions over Tea"


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com