Discussions over Tea (Of course, cutting maar ke)

Friday, July 11, 2003
I'm off to Trivandrum and Kovalam for the weekend for a marriage. Just an in-and-out affair. Not much time for sight-seeing.

Chew on this : There is a signboard in the UN which says "Smoking is discouraged" (Note: "Discouraged" not "prohibited". Speaks volumes about the decision making abilities of the UN, right?)

Other Political satire

God told me to strike at Al Qaida and I struck them, and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did, and now I am determined to solve the problem in the Middle East. If you help me I will act, and if not, the elections will come and I will have to focus on them."

- "G W Bush to Palestinian Prime Minister "Mahmoud Abbas.

''Mr. Schulz, I know there is a producer in Italy who is making a film on the Nazi concentration camps. I will suggest you for the role of 'kapo.' You'd be perfect.''

- Italian PM Berlusconi, in his EU opening address, to a rigid-faced German lawmaker.

"There was no effort or attempt on the part of the president or anyone else in the administration to mislead or to deceive the American people," Powell said .... "But to think that somehow we went out of our way to insert this single sentence into the State of the Union Address for the purpose of deceiving and misleading the American people is an overdrawn, overblown, overwrought conclusion."

- Powell, while trying to say that Bush made a mistake in apologizing for using "factually incorrect" information.

End of Post

Comments: Post a Comment

XML



Ankh's Fotolog



Bharateeya Blog Mela

Black - Strong

AnarCapLib
Ashification
Filter Coffee
Jivha - The Tongue
Kingsley
Living in India
Nerve Endings Firing Away
Smorgasbord
The Examined Life

Kashmiri - Nutty

Adventures with Yardboy
Amethyst Reflections
Blockhead

Nilgiri - Easy

Gandalf
Journeywoman
Lucis
Patang
Random Ruminations
Sid's muses
Speed...Bump...Stop..
When I paint my masterpiece


Concept :"Discussions over Tea"


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com