Discussions over Tea (Of course, cutting maar ke)

Monday, July 14, 2003
Here are my memories of Kerala...

Green.
Lush.
Water.
Quiet.
Friendly.
Beautiful.
Green (yes, again).
A rich history.
Kovalam.
Sunsets.
Food!
Palm trees.
Clean.

Call me a duh, but I forgot to carry my camera on the trip. As a result, all I have is memories in my mind. Memories of the different shades of green grassy lands, memories of clean roads and houses, memories of carefree people, memories of a rainy holiday, memories of long drives and most importantly, memories of that sunset at Kovalam.

For all of you that have a picture in your mind, erase it. I don't think it would be as beautiful as it was. The beach is set in a small cove which is protected on either sides by rocky instrusions into the sea. As you sit on the rocks, the green of the numerous palm trees, invading the coastline, astonishes you.

The sun, as it sets, throws up myriad colours, each a different shade of red, with tinges of blue and purple. It was as if a painter had made violent strokes across the placid skyline, with his palette of colours.
The spray of the waves battering the rocks adds that additional charm to the look. The sand has a blackish tinge to it, since it contains mineral deposits. As it gets dark, all you can see along the coastline is the solitary light of the fisherman in the sea. The air is pure, the place is gentle. I'm going there again. If you need to know about hotel rentals there, ask me!

I'm out of touch with the world now, so till later!

End of Post

Comments: Post a Comment

XML



Ankh's Fotolog



Bharateeya Blog Mela

Black - Strong

AnarCapLib
Ashification
Filter Coffee
Jivha - The Tongue
Kingsley
Living in India
Nerve Endings Firing Away
Smorgasbord
The Examined Life

Kashmiri - Nutty

Adventures with Yardboy
Amethyst Reflections
Blockhead

Nilgiri - Easy

Gandalf
Journeywoman
Lucis
Patang
Random Ruminations
Sid's muses
Speed...Bump...Stop..
When I paint my masterpiece


Concept :"Discussions over Tea"


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com