Discussions over Tea (Of course, cutting maar ke)

Friday, June 06, 2003
Twist and Shout!


The web and the mobile world has sent the english language to the dogs. I rarely find those conversational pieces on the net, where the words have not been shortened for convenience. I grimace every time I see those "urs", "frens" and "b4". English is a beautiful language. Don't abuse it that way, people. I admit that the language has enough of it's idiosyncrasies, but Shakespeare would have turned over in his grave if he saw the language of this generation.
First it was the Americans. They decided that English wasn't good enough for them.. so "am not" became "ain't", "going to" became "gonna", "what's up" became "wassup" and so on and so forth.

Now it's the entire world. It reminds me of that mail (read the section titled "Important Announcement) I had gotten a few years back. Yes, give it some time and it will be a reality.

Related story: Girl baffles teachers with SMS essay.

"My smmr hols wr CWOT. B4, we usd 2go2 NY 2C my bro, his GF & thr 3 :- kds FTF. ILNY, it's a gr8 plc."

End of Post

Comments: Post a Comment

XML



Ankh's Fotolog



Bharateeya Blog Mela

Black - Strong

AnarCapLib
Ashification
Filter Coffee
Jivha - The Tongue
Kingsley
Living in India
Nerve Endings Firing Away
Smorgasbord
The Examined Life

Kashmiri - Nutty

Adventures with Yardboy
Amethyst Reflections
Blockhead

Nilgiri - Easy

Gandalf
Journeywoman
Lucis
Patang
Random Ruminations
Sid's muses
Speed...Bump...Stop..
When I paint my masterpiece


Concept :"Discussions over Tea"


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com