Discussions over Tea (Of course, cutting maar ke)

Monday, May 12, 2003
Weekends over. Back to work.

I was watching Cool World on one of the TV channels last night and pondering how life would be if we could alternate between the real world and the cartoon world. I wouldn't mind playing the bad guy and getting my butt kicked in every episode. I wouldn't mind anvils flattening me out on the roads, or chasing some prey out on a cliff with no ground beneath my feet, realizing too late that I was no longer on terra firma.

Also, as Brad Pitt said in the movie "it's a different world out there, with real troubles, with people, who aren't nice all the time. I don't want to get there, baby". Yeah, escapism. That's the name of the game.

Spent my weekend meeting a couple of friends on Saturday and reading on Sunday in bed.

Chennai is awesomely hot. So stepping out in the day is not an option. Reading some Groucho Marx. His letter collection in fact. I wonder how people can be so witty all the time. Though I get the feeling at times, that he would be one lonely old man.

To him are attributed some of the greatest quotes of all times -

* Please accept my resignation from your club with immediate effect. I cannot afford to remain a member of a club which admits people like me to their membership.

* Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

This chap Art Fisher had great taste, you have to admit - Imagine popular people having names like Groucho, Harpo, Zippo, Gummo and Chico. I have family with strange names - Nanas called Joy, Jolly, Happy, Pappy, Jovial.
My family's weird.

End of Post

Comments: Post a Comment

XML



Ankh's Fotolog



Bharateeya Blog Mela

Black - Strong

AnarCapLib
Ashification
Filter Coffee
Jivha - The Tongue
Kingsley
Living in India
Nerve Endings Firing Away
Smorgasbord
The Examined Life

Kashmiri - Nutty

Adventures with Yardboy
Amethyst Reflections
Blockhead

Nilgiri - Easy

Gandalf
Journeywoman
Lucis
Patang
Random Ruminations
Sid's muses
Speed...Bump...Stop..
When I paint my masterpiece


Concept :"Discussions over Tea"


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com