Discussions over Tea (Of course, cutting maar ke)

Monday, May 26, 2003
I'm a musing.


Drip, drip, drip. That's my sweat.
Uppity, up and away. That's the thermometer.
We've just had the second hottest day in the past 100 years in Chennai. Makes me wonder what I'm still doing here. I don't want to stay here all my life. The aim is to get out of here by the end of this year.

Weekends are lazy. Saturday was spent eating good Gujarati food at a place called Bhavai. It's kind of surprising that they don't do good business in numbers because the food is really amazing. The dhoklas, the khandvis, the dal, the kadhi and the rotis are sumptuous. If you like jalebis, you have to be there.
Then went off bowling with a friend. And came back to his place and read for while. Listened to U2 and Def Lep (after ages - I think the last I heard DL was in Engineering college). It's amazing how you tastes in music change as you grow up.

I started off when I was seven, with the standards - one tape of MJ and one tape of Madonna. Which my Dad had gotten recorded from a friend. Then I didn't buy myself a single tape till 1989. Which was when I got introduced to Pink Floyd and Iron Maiden. For eons after that I was preaching the gospel of rock, with the addictions of Metallica, Led Zep, Deep Purple and Satriani being among the demi-gods.

And then I look at my tastes in music now. I think they're more aligned with the mainstream. These are the artists I have on my playlist in office -Beatles, Carpenters, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Collective Soul, Coldplay, Cranberries, Creed, Dave Matthews Band, Dido, Dire Straits, Dooley Wilson, Doors, Elvis, Clapton, Floyd, Sinatra, Indian Ocean, John Williams, J J Cale, Led Zep, Louis Armstrong, Matchbox 20, Natalie Merchant, Nirvana, Pink Floyd, REM, Santana, Sarah McLachlan, S&G, Sting, Toad the Wet Sprocket, U2 and Van Morrison.So there..

Attended a faccha party (fresher batch in IIMA from Chennai). It's a trip down Nostalgia Lane which we take and now I'm starting to feel really old. We were the oldest batch there, though it's not more than 2 years since we left.


End of Post

Comments: Post a Comment

XML



Ankh's Fotolog



Bharateeya Blog Mela

Black - Strong

AnarCapLib
Ashification
Filter Coffee
Jivha - The Tongue
Kingsley
Living in India
Nerve Endings Firing Away
Smorgasbord
The Examined Life

Kashmiri - Nutty

Adventures with Yardboy
Amethyst Reflections
Blockhead

Nilgiri - Easy

Gandalf
Journeywoman
Lucis
Patang
Random Ruminations
Sid's muses
Speed...Bump...Stop..
When I paint my masterpiece


Concept :"Discussions over Tea"


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com